- Sight glass tubes at inlet and outlet of evaporator and condenser constructed of explosion-proof, tie-bolt design
- Drip pans with drains located under each evaporator and condenser
- Uses popular, brand name components
- Color-coded valves, gauges, and hand valves to bypass various components and change from cooling to heating (heat pump
- Conditions of refrigerant and oil can be observed under various methods of operation
- Pressure gauges located at each point in which pressure variation is likely to occur
- Refrigerant flow to evaporator metered either by capillary tube, automatic expansion valve (AXV), or thermostatic expansion valve
- Evaporator and condenser copper tube coils with aluminum fins and variable speed fans
- A combination low pressure control and high pressure cutout and a thermostatic control with a range of –30°F to 100°F furnished
- High pressure cutout in the circuit at all times to prevent damage to the compressor
- Includes Lab Manual and Instructor Guide
- Includes iManifold Kit for full diagnostic testing and troubleshooting of system components.
TU-100 Basic Refrigeration Trainer
This training unit demonstrates domestic refrigerator and freezers, self-contained air conditioning units and reverse cycle or heat pump systems.
1/3 HP hermetically sealed reciprocating compressor Trainer operates on HFC 134A refrigerant
Panels are 1⁄4″ thick HDPE with steel reinforced component shelf
Uses HFC 134A refrigerant
Electrical requirements: 120VAC; 50/60 Hz; 10A
Overall size: 36”W x 18”D x 73”H
Overview of Trainer
Alternate part numbers: TU-9001, 9001.
Download Spec Sheet: TU-100